No Purchase Necessary to Enter to Win.
The Virginia College Savings PlanSM (Virginia529SM), an independent state agency with principal office located at 9001 Arboretum Parkway, North Chesterfield, VA 23236 is sponsoring a giveaway of one $2,529 contribution and two $529 contributions to new or existing Virginia529 inVESTSM accounts. Virginia529 is an Internal Revenue Code Section 529 qualified tuition program. A Section 529 college savings account is an individual savings account intended specifically for the payment of qualified higher education expenses for a designated beneficiary. Customers are encouraged to obtain all enrollment materials, including the Program Description, by calling 1-888-567-0540 or by downloading them from Virginia529.com, and to read them carefully before investing. For residents of states other than Virginia: your state or the beneficiary’s state of residence (if different) may sponsor a 529 plan that offers state income tax or other benefits not available to you through the Virginia529.
Entrant must be a current or past Virginia529 account owner or beneficiary age 18 or up.
Entrant should share how a Virginia529 college savings account (inVEST, Virginia529 prePAIDSM, CollegeAmerica®, or CollegeWealth®) is helping or has helped you or the person you are saving for turn dreams into reality. Submission must be 250 words or less, nonfiction and in English and must be the original, nonpublished work of the entrant. One entry per person.
Entries will be judged by Virginia529 staff based on the following criteria:
- Appropriateness to contest theme (25 percent)
- Creativity/Originality (50 percent)
- Use of language (25 percent)
Entries will be accepted from 12:01 a.m. (ET) August 28, 2013 through 11:59 p.m. (ET) October 6, 2013 through the contest entry portal found at Virginia529.com. The online entry portal is the only way to enter the contest. Judging will begin October 7, 2013 and determination of winners will be complete on or about October 18, 2013. Winners will be notified by telephone at the number provided at entry and announced publicly by October 31, 2013. Should the winner not be able to be reached at the number provided, Virginia529 shall, in its sole discretion, choose another winner.
One winner will be awarded a grand prize of one $2,529 contribution to a new or existing Virginia529 inVEST account. Two runner–up winners will each be awarded a prize of one $529 contribution to a new or existing Virginia529 inVEST account. Winners shall be chosen by Virginia529 in its sole discretion and its decisions are final.
Terms and Conditions
By entering and participating in the Contest, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts the following Contest Terms & Conditions which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest:
- Submitted entries become the property of Virginia529. Virginia529 shall also own the copyright to each submitted entry.
- Entrants agree to the use of their essays (or any portion thereof), their first name, and/or statements for Virginia529’s advertising, publication, promotional, or other purposes in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity regardless of whether they are selected as a winner and without further consideration or consent .
- Winner will be the owner of the account and will be solely responsible for any applicable local, state and federal taxes on the prize. By entering the contest, entrant agrees that they are eligible to be the account owner. Please see the inVEST Program Description for details.
- Each winner agrees to the use of his or her full name, photograph, likeness, essay (or any portion thereof), statements, testimonials, text and/or sound or video recording of him or her for advertising, promotional, or any other purposes in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation or consent unless required by law. Winner agrees to execute a publicity release. Each winner also agrees to the use of the beneficiary’s name for Virginia529’s marketing and public relations purposes without compensation. Beneficiary will execute a publicity release if over 18 years old.
- Prize may not be redeemed for cash and no exchanges or substitutions are permitted.
- In no event will Virginia529 be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, or invalid entries. Virginia529 is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Contest–related materials nor is it responsible for the inability of a person to enter their essay online in the manner described, whatever the reason.
- If, in Virginia529’s sole discretion, winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Contest Terms & Conditions or Contest eligibility, winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected by Virginia529 in its sole discretion. Interpretation of and determinations on the correct application of these Contest Terms & Conditions shall be made by Virginia529 in its sole discretion and its decisions regarding these matters shall be final. In no event will Virginia529 be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind should winner be found ineligible.
- By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and waive any claims against Virginia529 and/or the Commonwealth of Virginia, and any of the affiliates, employees, directors, officers, agents, representatives, and assigns of Virginia529 and/or the Commonwealth of Virginia , made by winners, entrants, or any other third parties arising directly or indirectly out of, or in any way connected with, this Contest or the prizes awarded in connection therewith.
- By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees that the contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia without regard to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Entrant agrees that venue for any litigation arising out of or related to this Contest or these Contest Terms & Conditions shall be in state court located in Chesterfield, Virginia.
- This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited.
- Employees of Virginia529 and their immediate family members (spouse; parents, siblings, children, grandchildren and their spouses; and in-laws) are not eligible to participate.