No Purchase Necessary to Enter to Win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
The Virginia College Savings PlanSM ("Virginia529SM") an independent state agency of the Commonwealth of Virginia with its principal office located at 9001 Arboretum Parkway, North Chesterfield, Virginia 23236 is sponsoring a giveaway of a Virginia529 Diamond Family Ticket Package for the Richmond Flying Squirrels game on or about August 29, 2014 at 7:05 p.m. (EDT) (the "Contest"). Virginia529 is an Internal Revenue Code Section 529 qualified tuition program. A Section 529 college savings account is an individual savings account intended specifically for the payment of qualified higher education expenses for a designated beneficiary. Customers are encouraged to obtain all enrollment materials, including the Program Descriptions, by calling 1–888–567–0540 or by downloading them from Virginia529.com and to read them carefully before investing. For residents of states other than Virginia: your state or the beneficiary’s state of residence (if different) may sponsor a 529 plan that offers state income tax or other benefits not available to you through Virginia529.
One (1) randomly selected winner will win a Virginia529 Diamond Family Ticket Package, consisting of eight (8) Diamond Club Tickets to the Richmond Flying Squirrels game on or about August 29, 2014 at The Diamond ($88 value), one (1) ceremonial first pitch at the Richmond Flying Squirrels game on or about August 29, 2014 at The Diamond, complimentary mini golf game for eight (8) people at the Richmond Flying Squirrels game on or about August 29, 2014 at The Diamond, and complimentary pizza and drinks for eight (8) people at the Richmond Flying Squirrels game on or about August 29, 2014 at The Diamond (the "Prize").
Contest Terms and Conditions
By entering and participating in the Contest, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts the following Contest Terms & Conditions which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest and the Prize:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legal U.S. resident 18 years old or older at time of entry to enter.
- Entrants acknowledge that the Contest winner must be able to attend the Richmond Flying Squirrels game on or about August 29, 2014 at 7:05 p.m. (EDT) at The Diamond, 3001 N Boulevard, Richmond, VA, US, 23230.
- Employees of Virginia529 and their immediate family members (spouse; parents, siblings, children, grandchildren and their spouses; and in–laws) are not eligible to participate in the Contest or win the Prize.
Timing and Entries:
- The Contest begins June 25, 2014 at 12:00 p.m. (EDT) and ends on August 19, 2014 11:59 p.m. (EDT). Entries will only be accepted electronically and entrants may enter the drawing by visiting Virginia529.com/Squirrels between June 25, 2014 at 12:00 p.m. (EDT) and August 19, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. (EDT) and following the instructions found at that site. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received. One entry per person.
- Winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries on or about August 22, 2014. Virginia529 will use its best efforts to notify the winner on or about August 25, 2014. Submitted entries become the property of Virginia529.
Requirements of Winner:
- Winner agrees to comply with all Contest participation and Prize including those promulgated by Virginia529 and the Richmond Flying Squirrels and to complete and execute all necessary documents including, but not limited to, waivers and releases.
- Winner will be solely responsible for any applicable local, state and federal taxes on the Prize.
- Winner agrees to the use of his or her name, photograph, likeness, statements, testimonials, text and/or sound or video recording of him or her for advertising, promotional, or any other purposes in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation or consent unless required by law. Winner agrees to execute a publicity release.
- The Prize may not be redeemed for cash and no exchanges or substitutions are permitted.
- In no event will Virginia529 be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, or invalid entries.
- If, in Virginia529’s sole discretion, winner is found to be ineligible or is not in compliance with these Contest Terms & Conditions or cannot be found after reasonable efforts are made, winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected by Virginia529 in its sole discretion. Interpretation of and determinations on the correct application of these Contest Terms & Conditions shall be made by Virginia529 in its sole discretion and its decisions regarding these matters shall be final. In no event will Virginia529 be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind should winner be found ineligible.
- By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and waive any claims against Virginia529, and any of the affiliates, employees, directors, officers, agents, representatives, and assigns of Virginia529, made by winners, entrants, or any other third parties arising directly or indirectly out of, or in any way connected with, this Contest or the Prize awarded in connection therewith.
- By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees that the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia without regard to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Entrant agrees that venue for any litigation arising out of or related to this Contest or these Contest Terms & Conditions shall be in state court located in Chesterfield, Virginia and hereby consents to jurisdiction of same.
- This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Void where prohibited.
- Virginia529 reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Contest if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Contest is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Virginia529’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Contest as contemplated herein. In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received and/or Virginia529 is prevented from awarding the Prize or continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man–made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Virginia529’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Virginia529 shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest. If the Contest is terminated before the designated end date, Virginia529 will (if possible) select the winner in a random drawing from all eligible, non–suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Only the type and quantity of the prize described in these Contest Terms and Conditions will be awarded. These Contest Terms and Conditions cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with law by a duly authorized representative of Virginia529. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Contest Terms and Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Contest Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Virginia529 makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any Prize furnished in connection with the Contest.
- WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON–INFRINGEMENT.
- ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, VIRGINIA529 WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- For a copy of these Contest Terms and Conditions and/or the Winners’ names, send your request and a self–addressed stamped envelope to General Counsel, Virginia College Savings Plan, 9001 Arboretum Parkway, North Chesterfield, Virginia 23236.